I view myself 5 years later with achievements in 3 aspects:
First: Independence in terms of work assignments
(eg. For the first few years, we fresh entries will generally need countless guidance and advice from seniors when problem arises. In 5 years, I trust that I will be the person whom will be able so solve these problems utilizing the industrial knowledge that I have gained for the pass 5 years. If problems persist, I expect myself to be able to negotiate a solution independently with clients'/ contractors' with sound advices combining feasibility and practicability that will satisfy both parties.
Secondly: Contribution to the company
(In my humble opinion, working in a company is not just about completing tasks given and getting salary out of it. It is rather how you contribute your knowledge, time and talent to the company that will help in the company's operations.
eg. In civil engineering consultancy firms, we design buildings in accordance to standard codes, while these codes are constantly renewed & revised, there is a need to produce new spreadsheets to cater for new design codes. Contribution in terms of writing a new and usable spreadsheet for the company is an example how it will smoothen the design operation.
Lastly: Acknowledgment by the company
(Getting appointed by the company to lead a project is a good example of how a company acknowledge your skills. This 3rd aspects highlights that with more responsibility means that the company trusts you more on delivering results. In view of the above, I believe I am able to prove myself suitable to handle various projects and gain acknowledgment from the company.
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment